- Harold A. Stein, MD, MSC(Ophth), FRCS(C), DOMS(London), Director, Maxwell K. Bochner Eye Institute, Toronto, Ontario; Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Senior Attending Ophthalmologist, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario; Attending Ophthalmologist, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario; Past President, Canadian Ophthalmological Society, Ottawa, Ontario; Past President, Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology, St. Paul, MN; Director, Professional Continuing Education, Centennial College of Applied Arts, Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
- Raymond M. Stein, MD, FRCS(C), Medical Director, Maxwell K. Bochner Eye Institute, Toronto, Ontario; Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario; Chief, Department of Ophthalmology, Scarborough General Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario; Attending Ophthalmologist, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto, Ontario; Past President, Canadian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Orleans, Ontario
- Melvin I. Freeman, MD, FACS, Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Emeritus, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA; Affiliate Clinical Investigator,Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA; Past Heat of Ophthalmology, Virginia Mason Clinic and Medical Center, Seattle, WA; Past President, Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology, St. Paul, MN; Pastr President, Alliance for Continuing Medical Education, Birmingham, AL
Excel in your clinical responsibilities with The Ophthalmic Assistant. Whether you work in an ophthalmology, optometry, or opticianry setting, this best-selling reference delivers expert practical, up-to-date guidance on ocular diseases, surgical procedures, medications, and equipment as well as paramedical procedures and office management – providing all the knowledge and skills you need to be a valuable asset to your team. A real “how-to” textbook.
New to This Edition
- Optimize your results with OCT imaging and other innovative technologies used in today’s ophthalmic offices, clinics, and hospitals.
- Stay up to date with new drugs being used to treat a diverse range of eye diseases and disorders.
- Learn how to assist the newest refractive cataract surgery procedures.
- Update your knowledge of CPR procedures.
- Access the fully searchable contents online, plus a downloadable image gallery, at www.expertconsult.com.
- Consult this full-color visual guide for identification of ophthalmic disorders, explanations of difficult concepts, and depictions of the newest equipment used in ophthalmology and optometry – with over 1,000 illustrations.
- Refer to the practical appendices for quick-reference information on hospital/practice forms for more efficient patient record keeping, conversion tables, numerous language translations, ocular emergencies, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Update your practical knowledge of ophthalmic tests and procedures.
- Confidently prepare for certification or recertification exams with comprehensive and practical information on the exam process for ophthalmic and optometric assistants.
Note: Only Ophthalmology member can download this ebook. Learn more here!